Dr Enrique A Tayag
Dr. Enrique A. Tayag is currently the Director IV in the Department of Health at the Knowledge
Management and Information Technology Service.
He is a Physician by Profession and has held key positions in the Department of Health in the past 30
years of service in the same agency. He has focused his career in public health, particularly Infectious
Diseases, Epidemiology, Health Promotion Health Systems and Universal Health Care and has acted as
OIC-Assistant Secretary of Health in the same agency form 2010-2015.
He has published several scientific articles in Infectious Diseases and is a much-sought speaker on
numerous topics in Medicine and Public Health. He remains affiliated with various Non-governmental
associations such as the Philippine Medical Association, the Philippine Society of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Philippine Foundation for Vaccination, South Asia Field Epidemiology and
Technology Network, Inc. and the Rotary Club of Manila 101 of Rotary District 3810, which he
currently serves as one of its Assistant Governors.
Wednesday 21 October
Aligning Patient Experience and Pandemic Preparedness
- How has patient-centered care and patient experience changed in the pandemic situation? What are some of the challenges seen during this period?
- Virtual care has been a driver of patient engagement, enabled capacity management etc. during the pandemic. How have hospitals integrated virtual care and what are some of the challenges?
- What is required to ensure that technology becomes an integral part of healthcare delivery that can enhance access, engagement and better patient experience and is not just leveraged during this pandemic?
- How has technology enabled healthcare institutions to manage patient engagement in the current situation? Are there examples that you can cite?
- What is the role played by the leadership in responding to the pandemic situation?
- What is that one lesson learnt from the pandemic from a healthcare delivery standpoint that you would like to share?