Client Technologist, Central Asia Pacific Lenovo
Chris Tan is client technologist at Central Asia Pacific Lenovo. He is the technology consultant for edge core and cloud, and manages end-to-end product portfolio for Lenovo offerings including Professional Workload, Intelligent Device Group, and Manageability and Security. Chris is always looking out for new innovative and creative solutions to meet customer required work productivity and bringing value to their business.
11.40 - 12.25 PM Panel
Tuesday 20 October
Frontier Technologies In Healthcare
- AI, ML, 5G, VR, Robotics, Wi Fi 6...what new technologies we can expect to emerge in the next 2-3 years, and how will they impact healthcare?
- How do we hasten the adoption of technology and innovation in addressing the challenges in healthcare? What are the impediments in technology adoption, from a people and process point of view?
- Do you think the pandemic has hastened or slowed the adoption of forward-looking tech in healthcare organisations? With many transformation initiatives being hastened because of COVID-19, are we looking at a silver lining in terms of tech adoption at least?
- In many parts of Asia, basic digitisation is yet to be embarked on in rural hospitals, while top healthcare facilities in urban centres boast top-of-the-line cutting-edge technologies. How do we address this massive divide?
- When it comes to technology purchasing, who decides in the chain of command within a healthcare institution - is it always the CIO, or also a board-level, or whole-of-C-suite decision?
- Technology refresh is often confined to top-level back-end refresh. How can it be made more universal, and brought to the front-line workers in healthcare institutions?